Bank tellers, also known as bank clerks and customer service representatives, serve as the main point of contact for the customers of a bank, or other similar institutions. Their main responsibility is to handle transactions from walk-in customers. They also must accept payments, facilitate deposits, maintain current accounts and keep records of customer transactions.
Generally in public sector banks, an All India Level examination is taken up for the postgraduates (MBA) from which the candidates are chosen.
- St. Xavier's College, Mumbai
- NMIMS Deemed to be University - Navi Mumbai Campus
- School of Commerce and Management, Christ University
- SP Jain School of Global Management
- MSU - The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda
- VIT Business School, Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
Experienced tellers can advance within their bank. They can become head tellers or move to other supervisory positions. Some tellers can advance to other occupations, such as loan officer. They can also move to sales positions.