Sound Engineering is one of the branches of engineering discipline which deals with the study of music, movies and theatre in recording, manipulation, mixing and reproduction. Sound Engineers develop a high quality recording of music, speech and sound effects in studios. They use technical instruments to produce sound for film, radio, television. Sound Engineering Professionals work with the technical aspects of sound during the process of recording, mixing and producing. Sound Engineering Technicians work in variety of domains viz. music, movies, live performances and broadcasting.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
- B.Sc. in Sound engineering for 3 years.
- BA (Hons) in Music Production and sound engineering for 3 years.
- Diploma in sound engineering for 2-3 years
- B.Tech for 4 years
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur
- National Institute of Film and Fine Arts NIFFA, Kolkata
- Department of Film & TV Studies, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi
- ZEE Institute Of Media Arts (ZIMA) Mumbai
- Sri Aurobindo Centre for Arts and Communication, School of Arts New Delhi
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
- Asian Academy of Film and Television, Delhi
- Grotek Institute of Film Technology, Kasaragod
- M.G.R. Government Film and Television Institute, Chennai
- The School of Audio Engineering, Chennai
- The Harmonics School of Audio Technology, Hyderabad