A school teacher interacts and engages students of different age groups to prepare them for the future. They may teach students different subjects at different levels, such as kindergarten, primary, middle school, high school, and higher secondary. Teachers encourage and support a child to develop in all spheres of life, including academics, extra-curricular, personal and interpersonal life, and much more. A school teacher will have both academic and non-academic roles and duties assigned by the school authorities.
Candidates with any background can become school teachers.
|Stream of Study at 12th:
||Students can pursue any stream in their 12th.
A candidate can choose to complete Certificate or Diploma courses in Early Childhood Career and Education, Elementary Education, Pre and Primary Teacher Training, Teacher Education, and Montessori Teacher Training after 12th.
- Pursue 5-year integrated B.Sc. B.Ed.
- Pursue 5-year integrated B.A. B.Ed.
- Pursue B.El.Ed (Bachelor of Elementary Education) for 4 years
- Pursue Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed) for 2 years
- Pursue a UG course in any teaching subject
|Higher education/After Graduation Courses:
- Pursue B.Ed. for 2 years after graduating from a teaching subject
- Pursue M.Ed. for 1-2 years
- Pursue M.A. in Education for 2 years
- Pursue M.Sc. in Education for 2 years
- Pursue a PG course in any teaching subject
- Pursue PG Diploma in Education
- Pursue PG Diploma in Teacher Training Education
- Pursue PG Diploma in Career Guidance
- Pursue PG Diploma in Guidance and Counselling
- Pursue PG Diploma in Higher Education
- Pursue PG Diploma in Pre-Primary Education
- Pursue PG Diploma in Distance Education
- Pursue PG Diploma in Educational Management and Administration
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- Amity University, Noida
- Lady Shri Ram College, New Delhi
- Bombay Teachers’ Training College, Mumbai
- Lady Irwin College, New Delhi
- St. Xavier’s College of Education, Patna
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Government College of Education for Women, Coimbatore
- Institute of Advanced Study in Education, Chennai