Product Management is an interdisciplinary role that combines strategy, design, leadership, and marketing to launch a successful product. They are usually involved with the product from idea conception, production, launch, all the way till market maturity of the product. Product managers set the vision for the product and integrate their knowledge of technologies and various marketing techniques to enhance user experience. They usually have a good understanding of the market and competition.
A degree in Business, Computer Science or Economics is considered preferable for getting into a product management role. The requirement for educational background may vary depending on the industry that you work in. For example a product manager in an IT company might require someone with a Computer Science degree.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
- B.Tech (Computer Science)
- B.Sc./B.A (Economics)
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- Indian Institute of Management, Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad etc.)
- Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI)
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
- Institute of Product Leadership, Bangalore