Power engineering is a sub-branch of electrical engineering which especially concentrates on the transmission, distribution, generation and utilization of electric power. Power engineers are in charge of making sure that the electrical operations are running effectively and efficiently for their organization. They ensure electricity is properly generated and delivered in a steady and safe manner. They also need to conduct analyses of why failures occurred, determine how to fix them, and develop effective prevention methods as necessary. Power engineering professionals work in a wide variety of industries for operation, maintenance and repair of boiler and other electric power systems.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
||Science Stream (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
- B.Tech/ B.E. in Power Engineering for 4 years
- B.E/B.Tech in Electrical Engineering for 4 years
- Integrated engineering Graduate (B.Tech + M.Tech) Power Engineering for 5 years
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- M.Tech/ M.E. for 2-3 years
- Ph.D. for 2-3 years after completing the Masters Graduation.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- University of Delhi.
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
- University of Calcutta
- National Power Training Institute, Faridabad
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- West Bengal University of Technology
- GMR Institute of Technology, Andhra Pradesh
- Jadavpur University, West Bengal