Portfolio Manager is a professional who assists an individual in investing in the best available investment plans for guaranteed returns in the future. They oversee the daily management of investment portfolios on behalf of individual or institutional clients. Portfolio managers work for wealth management firms, pension funds, foundations, insurance companies, banks, hedge funds and other organizations in the securities industry. This is usually a role that one moves into after working as a financial analyst or research analyst for few years.
Commerce Graduates can look at a career in Portfolio Manager. However to succeed in this career it is recommended to complete a CFA or FRM certification. These certifications are regarded as tough to complete and requires advanced interest in financial markets.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- Certification courses on asset management, hedge funds, options pricing and bond valuation
- Take the CFA program of 4 years either after completing or during final year of bachelor’s degree (to be eligible for the CFA charter credential, candidates must have a combination of work experience and formal education)
- FRM certification.
- Indian Institute of Management ( Kolkata, Bangalore, Lucknow, Delhi, Indore)
- Indian School Of Business,( Hyderabad and Gurgaon)
- Management Development Institute (Gurgaon, Murshidabad)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Delhi
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai