A physical education teacher usually works in a school setting. He/she is required to make students aware of physical fitness, exercise, nutrition, etc. and train them in different physical activities. They may also be required to conduct theory classes for students on similar topics. These professionals are physically fit. They have vast knowledge about various sports and physical activities, safety measures and treatment of sports injuries. Physical education teachers work in a sports ground, indoor stadium, or office space based on the task assigned. They are also involved in other administrative and disciplinary measures carried out by the institution.
|Stream of Study at 12th:
||Students who wish to become physical education teachers can opt for any stream at the 12th level. However, it is recommended that they actively participate in sports events and obtain experience in the field.
After 10th, students can also pursue Certificate and Diploma courses in Yoga, Aerobics, Health and Fitness.
Students who wish to pursue courses in this field may be required to appear for entrance examinations such as Physical Education Common Entrance Test (PECET), their respective state examinations, or other institutional examinations.
- Pursue B.Sc. in Physical Education for 3 years
- Pursue B.Sc. in Physical Education, Health Education, and Sports for 3 years
- Pursue B.A. in Physical Education for 3 years
- Pursue B.A. in Yoga for 3 years
- Pursue Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) for 2 to 4 years
- Pursue Diploma in Physical Education for 1 to 2 years
- Pursue Diploma in Yoga and Physical Education for 2 years
- Pursue Diploma courses related fields such as Yoga Teacher Training and Aerobics
|Higher education/After Graduation Courses:
- Pursue M.Sc. in Physical Education for 2 years
- Pursue M.A. in Physical Education for 2 years
- Pursue Master of Physical Education (M.P.Ed.) for 2 years
- Pursue PG Diploma in Physical Education for 1 year
- Pursue PG Diploma in Yoga for 2 years
- Pursue PG Diploma courses related fields such as Fitness Management, Yoga Therapy and Exercise Physiology
- Tamil Nadu Physical Education And Sports University, Chennai
- Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education, Gwalior
- Lakshmibai National College of Physical Education, Thiruvananthapuram
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education & Sports Sciences, New Delhi
- YMCA College of Physical Education, Chennai
- College of Physical Education, Pune
- Chandrashekhar Agashe College of Physical Education, Pune
- Baliapal College of Physical Education, Odisha
- VNS College of Physical Education & Management Studies, Bhopal
- Jyotiba College of Physical Education, Nagpur
- Amity School of Physical Education and Sports Science, Noida