Packaging is the study of protecting products for storage, distribution, sales and use. Packaging can also be described as a coordinated system of preparing goods for transport, warehousing, logistics, sale and use. Packaging not only ensures the quality and freshness of the goods but it also is an interesting and creative marketing technique. Warehouse Packers place items in containers like trays, boxes, bags etc. to facilitate transportation and preservation. They apply protective materials, seal containers, place labels on boxes etc.
Students who have completed 8th grade can look at getting trained as a warehouse packer. However, it is recommended to complete 12th grade for better career prospects. Graduate or Post graduate Diploma might be required for supervisory roles.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
||Science (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Certified training for Warehouse Packer
- Diploma in Packaging technology for 3 years
- Diploma under Distance Education Programme in Packaging (DEP) for 18 months
- Graduate Diploma in Packaging Technology (Part time)
- Diploma in Packaging Technology (Distance learning)
- Diploma in Packaging Technology for 2-3 years
- Certificate Course in Packaging.
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Packaging technology for 2 years
- Postgraduate program in Packaging Science & Technology for 2 years
- Indian Institute of Packaging,
- SIES-School of Packaging, Navi Mumbai
- University College of Science and Technology, Kolkata
- Tezpur University, Assam
- Lakshmi Narayan Institute of Technology, Madhya Pradesh
- Government Polytechnic, Nagpur (Maharashtra)
- J.N.Govt.Polytechnic, Ramanthapur, Hyderabad