A medical lab technician analyses body issues by collecting blood, fluid and tissues samples. They play a very important role in documenting medical investigations, collecting information, sampling, testing and reporting. They form the backbone of diagnostic services and research. They are responsible for handling laboratory equipment, collecting samples from patients, conducting tests and filing reports.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
||Science Stream (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)
- Bachelor of Medical Lab Technology (BMLT) for 3-4 years.
- B.Sc. in Medical Lab Technology for 2-3 years.
- B.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology for 2-3 years.
- B.Sc. in Clinical Laboratory Technology for 2-3 years.
- Diploma in clinical Analysis for 2-3 years.
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology for 2-3 years.
- Diploma in X-Ray and ECG Technology for 2-3 years.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology for 2-3 years
- Apprenticeship in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Certificate - Medical Laboratory Technology
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- M.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology for 2 years.
- M.sc in Medical Laboratory Technology for 2 years.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology for 2 years.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Biomedical laboratory Technology (PGDBLT) for 2 years.
- CMC Vellore, Vellore
- Government Medical College, Amritsar
- KLE University, Belgaum
- Chirayu Medical College(CMC), Indore
- Institute Of Post Graduate Medical Education And Research(IPGME&R), Kolkata
- Government Medical College And Hospital(GMCH), Chandigarh
- Guntur Medical College (GMC), Guntur
- King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College - [Jln], Ajmer