Marketing managers usually work in fields related to advertising, public relations and creating brand awareness. Marketing as a career is best fit for individuals who are creative and enjoy weaving a story around products or services. Marketing Managers usually start their career by working as – account managers, marketing analysts, digital marketing experts, public relations officer etc. Even the small tasks like writing thank-you letters, playing golf with a prospective client, returning calls promptly and meeting with a past client for coffee are part of marketing.
Commerce Graduates can look at a career in marketing. An MBA in Marketing is recommended for this career option.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
- B.Com/B.Com(H) in Marketing
- BBM (Bachelors in Business Management)
- BBA (Bachelors in Business Administration)
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- IIMs(Indian Institute of Management)
- S P Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- Institute of Management Technology(IMT), Ghaziabad
- Xavier Labour Research Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), Delhi
- Indian School of Business, Hyderabad