Leather technology is defined as a discipline which is focused around leather processing and its finished products. Leather technicians deal with three stages of synthesizing, producing and refining of raw leather and artificial leather into finished commercial products viz. sports goods, footwear, clothing, gloves, belts, wallets, bags etc.
Most diploma courses can be pursued after completion of 10th grade.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
||Science Stream (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
- Diploma Program in Leather Processing for 2-3 years.
- Diploma in Leather Garment Technology for 2-3 years.
- Short-term certification courses in Leather Technology for 1-2 months
- Certificate course in Leather Craft technology for 1-2 months
- Short term course in Leather Goods & Garments CAD/CA for 3 months
- Short term course in Shoe CAD/CAM for 3 months
- Short term course in Designing and Pattern Cutting for 3 months
- Short term course in Shoe Upper Closing for 3 months
- Short term course in Lasting, Full Shoe Making & Finishing for 3 months
- Short term course in Leather Goods Making for 3 months
- Short term course in Leather Garments Making for 3 months
- 1 Year Diploma Skill (Vocational) In Leather Goods & Garments Making
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Leather Processing Technology for 2 years.
- Executive Training Programme in Leather Processing Technology for 4 weeks
- Harcourt Butler Technological University, Kanpur
- Government College of Engineering and Leather Technology, Salt lake
- Mewar University, Chittorgarh
- West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata
- Government college of engineering & technology (GCELT)
- Anna University, Chennai
- Muzaffarnagar Institute of Technology, Muzaffarpur
- Karnataka Institute of Leather Technology, Bangalore
- Central Leather Research Institute, Chennai