A fitness trainer is a professional individual who designs exercise programs for their clients based on their individual requirements. They may work at a gym or at client’s homes. A fitness trainer must have the motivation to keep healthy and fit and encourage others to do the same. Fitness trainers are hired to help people achieve and maintain good physical health, plan and implement exercise routines as well as giving advice on diet, nutrition and other important areas. It involves helping people achieve their goals and making sure that they become and stay in shape.
The majority of national certification bodies only require candidates to have a 10th grade or equivalent to sit for a certifying examination.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
Science (with Biology) is recommended
Sports participation is recommended
- Diploma in Personal Training (DPT)
- Certified Personal Trainer for Special Populations (CPT-SP)
- Physical fitness training program such as the Reebok Fitness Instructor Certification program, the Nike Aerobics Course and similar courses offered by numerous private entities.
- ACE Certification program
- Bombay Physical Culture Association's College of Physical Education, University of Mumbai
- Gold's Gym Fitness Institute, Mumbai
- Better Fitness for You (BFY)
- K11 School Of Fitness Sciences
- GFFI Fitness Academy
- American College of Sports Medicine
- International Sports Sciences Association
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
- National Strength & Conditioning Association
- PTA Global
- American council of exercises (ACE)
- American cell of sports management (ACSM)