Disaster management specialists are responsible for arranging resources in order to deal with emergency situations created by natural disasters such as flood, tsunamis, earthquakes, and tornadoes. The aim is to reduce harmful effects of all hazards, including disasters. They focus on the causes of disasters and how to minimise their impact. They are usually trained to minimise impact of disasters, respond to emergency needs of the people and the area, evacuation process, distribution of food and medical care for injured people.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
- Diploma degree course in any field for 3 yearss
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- P.G. Diploma in Natural Hazard & Disaster Risk Management
- M.A in Disaster Management for 2 years.
- M.Sc. in Disaster Management for 2 years.
- MBA in Disaster Management for 2 years.
- Certification Programs of Disaster Management for 1-2 years
- Ph.D. for 2-3 years in Disaster Management after completing master degree
- Indian Institute of Ecology and Environment, New Delhi
- Jamsetji Tata Centre for Disaster Management, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai
- National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM)
- Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi
- School of Distance learning (Sikkim Manipal University of Health, Medical and Technological Sciences), Manipal
- International Centre of Madras University (Madras University), Chennai
- The Global Open University, Nagaland
- North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong
- Symbiosis Institute of Geoinformatics, Pune
- Disaster Management Institute, Bhopal
- Disaster Mitigation Institute, Ahmedabad