Chemical Engineering is a branch of engineering which uses the principles of Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and economics. Chemical engineering contains work related to manufacturing paints, plastics, fuels, medicines, fibres, fertilizers, papers, semiconductors and others. A chemical engineer carries out chemical experiments and works with resulting purification and cleaning technology for protecting the environment. One of the major specializations in chemical engineering is petroleum engineering, which deals with optimizing extraction of oil and gas from the surface of earth.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
- B.E/B.Tech in Chemical Engineering for 4 years.
- Integrated Graduation (B.Tech + M.Tech) in Chemical Engineering for 5 years
- B.E. (Hons.) Chemical Engineering
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- M.E./M.Tech in Chemical Engineering for 2 years.
- MBA Tech. program (Integrated B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering + MBA)
- P.G. Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering for 2-3 years after completing Masters on the same.
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies, Uttarakhand
- Indian Institutes of Technology, Multiple locations
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Tiruchirappalli, Surathkal, Warangal, Rourkela
- Anna University, Guindy, Chennai.
- Thapar University, Patiala.
- R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- SRM University, Chennai.
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore.
- BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore.
- PEC University of Technology, Punjab
- Dayananda Sagar University(DSU), Bangalore