Cartographers create maps. They must perform extensive research, gathering data from surveys, photographs and other sources to accurately chart the physical landscape. They chart out areas using remote sensors, satellites and Geographical Information Systems.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
- B.Sc. Geology
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Geography.
- B.Sc. Physics for 3 years
- B.Tech for 4 years
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- M.Sc. Geophysics
- M.Sc. Geo informatics
- M.Sc. Geology for 2 years
- M. Tech Geo informatics (or) Geotechnical Engineering for 2 year.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Remote sensing and GIS (or) Digital Cartography for 1 year
- Ph.D./ Post Graduate Diploma in Remote sensing and GIS/Digital Cartography for 1-4 years
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
- Osmania University, College of Science, Hyderabad.
- Andhra University College of Engineering, Visakhapatnam.
- Punjab University, Chandigarh.
- Government College, Kerala.
- Darrang College, Tezpur.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Surveying and Mapping, Hyderabad