Audiology is a study of science related to hearing, balance and other related disorders. Audiologists are health care professionals, skilled in providing diagnosis to patients with hearing problems and related hearing loss .They assist in fitting hearing aids based on the problem. They have in-depth knowledge of the human auditory and vestibular system. They also specialise in treating vestibular system-related issues.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
||Science Stream (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)
- B.Sc. in Audiology for 3 years
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology for 4 years.
- Diploma in Audiology and Speech Rehabilitation 1-2 years
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- Master of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (MASLP) for 2 years
- M.Sc. in Audiology for 2 years
- PG Diploma in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology 2 years
- Doctor of Philosophy in Audiology (Ph. D.) for 3 -5 years after completion of Maters Degree.
- All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal University, Manipal
- Tata Memorial Centre, Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), Mumbai
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research, Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Christian Medical College, Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Vellore
- Maulana Azad Medical College, University of Delhi, Delhi
- Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai
- SRM University Kattankulathur Campus - [SRM], Chennai