Architecture is study of structural drawings which are specially planned for making or constructing a building or bridges and any other structures which needs a construction. Architects are professionals who are responsible for the structure and design of places built. They work on public or private projects and design anything from a single room to an entire complex of buildings. The buildings can be any building like factories, hospitals, homes etc. Architects work very closely with their clients, so that they can customize designs based on the client’s specifications.
Most of the colleges require candidates to clear architecture entrance exams such as JEE-2 or NATA to gain entry into undergraduate course.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
||Science (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
After completing graduation or during the time of graduation in Architecture, students are required to complete internship program either with some practicing architects or with an architecture firm to gain practical experience.
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- M. Arch
- Master of Urban Design
- Master of Design (Industrial Design)
- Master of Planning (Environmental Planning / Housing / Regional Planning / Transport Planning / Urban Planning)
- Master of Landscape Architecture
- Master of Building Engineering and Management
- Department of Architecture, IIT Kharagpur
- Department of Architecture, IIT Roorkee
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Kanpur
- Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Sir JJ College Of Architecture, Mumbai
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Department of Architecture, NIT Tiruchirappalli
- School of Planning and Architecture (SAP), Delhi
- Jadavpur University
- School of Architecture CEPT, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad