Anthropologists study human language, culture, societies, biological and material remains and human evolution. The subject material of anthropology is very broad; hence it is divided into various branches. These branches are- Archaeology, Linguistic Anthropology, Socio-Cultural Anthropology and Biological Anthropology. Socio-cultural anthropologists often work in corporations helping companies understand buyer behaviour and market research.
|Stream of Study in 12th Grade/School:
- B.Sc. Anthropology for 3 years
- B.A(H) Anthropology for 3 years
|Higher education/Post Graduation Courses:
- M.Sc. Anthropology for 2 years in India or abroad.
- M.A Anthropology for 2 years in India or abroad.
- M.Phil. in Anthropology
- Hansraj College, University of Delhi
- Hindu college, university of Delhi
- Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Ashoka University, Sonipat
- Symbiosis School of Liberal Arts, Pune
- Vidyasagar University, Kolkata
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- Dudhnoi College, Assam
- Karnataka University, Dharwad
- Visva Bharati University, West Bengal
- Berhampur University, Odisha
- University of Allahabad
- Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Chhattisgarh
- University of Hyderabad
- University of Rajasthan